Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My oldest brother is borrowing my cell phone for a day or so until he can figure out how to get his new one. What happened with his phone is (in a short version) it was knocked off of my dashboard, landing perfectly into a large cup of water. It was actually pretty incredible if you think about it. But anyway, I never really noticed how dependent I am upon my cell phone. I've only had one for 5 months and I already feel as if something is missing when I don't have it, like I'm half naked or something. What is with my need to constantly know what is going on? Maybe I should get rid of the phone for a while until I can learn to be ok with not being IN the loop...

5 comments:

Deleted said...

nah. you need the phone. don't get rid of it. if people can't get ahold of you that were used to it before, they'll get worried and think something's wrong and then call your work, yell at your manager when you're not there, and then get all huffy when the manager calls them "ms. martin" when that's obviously not her name anymore.

or wait... maybe that's just me.

Brent said...

Cell phones are the devil.

Deleted said...

so that's why brent's not in any loop. no cell phone.
lol.

spartacus21 said...

see..in Holland that's all i had. My only contact to people. When i lose it here or forget it..it is so stupid but i am almost like in a panic mode or something..it is ridiculous!

Jude said...

i would say the same thing but even without my phone i am the same cause no one calls me :-(