Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I woke up this morning with the strangest of realizations. I am used to living here. For the past month I have opened my eyes each day and been in someone else's home, and gone to someone else's University. But today I woke up in MY bed and took the bus on MY bus route and went to MY school. I guess it is the adjustment we all make in new situations. That's just how the cookie crumbles i guess.

But moving on, my friends and I are making plans to spend a week in Mexico City in December during the week of the Virgen de Guadalupe. That'll be a very culturally rich experience, putting aside the fact that Mexico D.F. is one of the most dangerous cities in the world. (I probably shouldn't say things like that on a page that my parents, grandparents, and girlfriend all read) And on top of that we are in the process of figuring out the best way to get four Americans into Cuba. It turns out that it isn't as hard for Americans to get to Cuba as you would think. As long as you go through other countries (ie. Mexico) it is very possible. The only scare is that if you get caught getting off of a plane from Cuba by American officials you could get slapped with a $5000 fine, but the guides all say that this is a formality and doesn't really have to be paid..mainly because it isn't constitutional to tell an American citizen that they are unable to travel where they please. All of that to say that these upcoming months will be full of...well..let's just call them experiences. Until later.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

First hithchiking and now this! We'll talk later!! I'm all for cultural experiences but I would like you to live to tell about them.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your mom and as you know, I am a world traveler.

Anonymous said...

I know you will make wise decisions, and based off of the past two comments, I think you should take some time, and think about these plans of yours. haha I think all of us would like you to RETURN eventually in December.

Love,
Ashley

Anonymous said...

Hi Son, Dad here !

So if you don't come back to we get a refund on your tuition ? Just kidding, really ! : ) I'm all for adventure but with these three women on your case, if might want to rethink your adventures, or just not come back. Make wise decisions. Love you lots. DAD

Anonymous said...

I know (hope) you will make the right choice and if not, I'd be giving you a look, you just can't see it!

Nurge said...

While youre down there you wanna get a Cuban or two?? lol...be smart.

spartacus21 said...

i may know some people who go into cuba 3-4 times a year who could maybe offer help with that.