Saturday, September 08, 2007

So maybe culture shock has set in slightly. I knew that it would be only a minor setback when it did, but here is what is going through my mind this morning...not to be a downer or anything:

I miss my...

-air conditioned house
-bed
-couch
-T.V.
-favorite foods
-Dr Pepper
-family
-dates with my beautiful girlfriend
-friends
-church
-car and all other forms of private transportation
-Frisbee golf games with Nurge
-university's football games
-routine of playing my saxophone at the previously mentioned...

It's a reality...we are all very comfortable within our own culture. It's a reality that we often don't realize until we are out of our home culture for a couple of weeks. And I never thought I'd say it but: Middle-class Suburban America, today I miss you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you to!

mavis_davis said...

amen. i'm glad i'm not alone on this one...it hit me today too. i don't know what it is about exactly two weeks...but here it is.

Anonymous said...

I miss you so much! I'm glad you are having a blast, though!!!!!

Love,
Ash

Nurge said...

likewise buddy man...

Brent said...

Hey man, suburbia will be here when you get back! Try not to think about it, Craig!

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better our airconditioner went out this weekend so we mis air conditioning too! You are where God wants you and you'll be back soon!!
LOVE<
MOM

Theresa in Mèrida said...

It's too late for you now, but I'm pretty sure that Ahorrea Bodega on Itzaes has Dr Pepper, they have Canada Dry ginger ale too. I'm not sure because I don't drink soda much.
regards,
Theresa