Sunday, August 29, 2004

So friday was my birthday and I don't normally tell a lot of people about it. However, one of the people that did now told the entire Marcus High School band. If you haven't ever had 200 people sing you happy birthday at a football game, when you don't even want people to know, it is quite an experience. But it was cool....so thanks to whoever it was that told, it made my birthday twice as good.

The dutch kids left this morning to go back to Holland after spending more than a month in America. There was a small going away party that was held for them last night and it was a bitter-sweet occasion. They didn't want to leave here after seeing their old friends and making many new ones, but I have a feeling that they are ready to get home. I will miss all four of them and I am grateful for the work that their family is doing for God's Kingdom over in Holland.

I was talking to a friend last night about Christian Fellowship and how important it is in a growing relationship with Christ. We were discussing how some people who have always had such awesome Christian friends can take it for granted. All that I can say is whether you are just now making friendships with your brothers or sisters in Christ, or if you have had them for many years, continue to build upon that relationship and help eachother in all areas. Because I don't know if you have noticed or not, walking with Christ is not always the easiest thing to do.

No comments: