Thursday, April 21, 2005

Someone is either walking in the flesh or they are walking by the Spirit. When you(when I say you, I mean I) let trivial, meaningless things catch your attention, you are no longer walking by the spirit. However, "healthy" these trivial pursuits might be, if they are causing you to put them ahead of God...it's sin. Whether it is school, relationships, money, or whatever you may be dwelling in or on...it isn't glorifying to God. Notice that school, relationships, and money are all good things when put into perspective. It doesn't take things like selfishness, anger, or self-pitty to be walking in the flesh...however those don't help.

I don't write about serious, real life stuff, like this, much anymore because I have noticed that whenever I'm being honest and sincere no one comments. But here it is...I'll try to hold off on the next un-mindless blogging for a while.

2 comments:

Brent said...

When I read things like this, I'm always curious as to what personal observation or experience led to you wanting to blog about it.

That, and "how-to" stop anger, self-pity...

And, I've blogged before about favorite movies and gotten 40 responses, and blogged about struggles with sin and gotten 0. I think that has to do with the reality that when you make people think, they don't necessarily want those thoughts published on web sites. I wouldn't take that too personally.

Craig said...

I understand completely.