Monday, July 25, 2005

I am a little bitter towards American society right now...

Don't get me wrong. I love the country, I love the people, I even love the leaders of the country. I am just disappointed in the ideals of the people, especially of those who claim to be among God's elite. This feeling may or may not pass...it is just that I have had the rare opportunity this summer to serve one group of people in ONE extreme situation...complete poverty, and then turn around and serve a different group of people in the opposite extreme....wealth to the point of boredom.

I don't know if that made any sense..but it's how I'm feeling.

1 comment:

spartacus21 said...

I can feel for you on the bitter side. it's hard serving when you rmind says these people don't deserve things. No one deserves anything so it really isn't our point to hold one person above the other. It like James 1 in reverse. Instead of favoring the rich we are favoring the poor to serve. it just still isn't right.