Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ha llegado el "norte"

I woke up this morning freezing. Last night a huge northern cold front hit us in the Yucatan. When I say cold front I mean weather in the 70s...but cold nonetheless. People here say, "ha llegado el norte", or quite literally, "the north has arrived". Which I think is funny. But the cold front comes each year and stays for about 3 days, so we should all still be a go for my trip back to the Caribbean this weekend.

Exactly a week from today I will be leaving on my excursion through the Inner Mayan World. I'll be sleeping in a hammock on the seashores of Old Mexico by night, and treking through the jungle to see rarely visited Mayan cities. I'll be seeing some of the tallest Mayan pyramids and scuba diving in their ancient cenotes (see post from Sept 22 to learn about centoes), I can't wait to post pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad says that northern may be the same one that dumped snow in Denver, I guess you didn't get any thou? By the way I'll be in Denver on Tuesday and if the snow is still there ? (that is the first concern you have about snow when you live in Texas) I will build a minature snow man just in your honor. Looking forward to seeing you next month, maybe I can bring you a snowball. Love You, DAD