Monday, October 22, 2007

I'm going to take the lack of comments on the last blog as a "you've said it so well that we have nothing to add" rather than a "no one reads this dumb thing..." But all of that aside. Do you remember when you were between the ages of like 12 and 14? Every time that I would walk into a store the employees would stop and stare to make sure that I wasn't stealing anything. Well sometimes I feel the exact same way here. Maybe they stare because I'm clearly a foreigner, but there are times when I know it is because they don't trust me. For example, tonight I was walking back from the bus stop on the sidewalk as a guy was getting out of his car. He walked up to the front door of his house and just stopped to make sure I walked all the by and didn't stop at his car. I don't know what he thought I was going to do, or if they have a lot of American thievery in Mexico... Whatever it is I thought it was really humorous, because that is a stereotype that I wasn't aware of.

This weekend! I forgot I haven't written about it yet. I went scuba diving in the Caribbean. The water was the most turquoise water I've ever seen. We saw barracuda, a sting ray, and tons of colorful fish. I didn't have the ability to take any pictures while I was down there, but it looked a lot like this...but it was a much bigger reef.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you! It looks like your diving experience was amazing!!!!! I can't wait to hear more about it!!! If anything remotely like that creature crawled on my arm....I would have freaked!!!!!!

Love you,
Ash

Brent said...

At the new shops at Highland Village, they have this fountain that has orchestrated water dances. That's kind of cool.

Anonymous said...

Go to Walmart and buy an underwater camera!! Glad you had a great - and safe - time. We celebrated Ashleys's birthday with her on Sunday and missed you. Brian is going to teach us to salsa so we are ready for our visit!!(He doesn't know this yet).
See you at Thanksgiving - do they have turkey enchilladas?
Love you
MOM

Ben and Suzanne said...

Craig: Your mom and dad shared your blog site with us so we could read about your time in Mexico. Sounds as if you are having a wonderful experience!

We want to see your pictures and hear all about your experiences when you return. We will be in Grapevine area probably after the 1st of the year. Perhaps we can get together then! Enjoy your time and tell Ashley hello from us!

Ben and Suzanne