Saturday, November 10, 2007

A couple unrelated things:

Finals are starting to hit for me. But there usually are not final exams here in Mexico, just final papers. Unfortunately I have a final paper for all of my classes, which means that I have five 10 page papers in Spanish over the next couple of weeks. Two of which of due this Wednesday...

Last night I bought the official jersey of the Mexican national soccer team. It is AWESOME!

At the mall where I purchased said jersey, some friends and I went to see the movie Lions for Lambs. The important part of this story is not how the movie was. It was the theater. We were in the VIP theater. What is that, you might ask. Well I shall tell you. In said theater you sit in your own personal reclining lazy boy style leather chair. Oh yeah, there are also waiters that come around taking your order. They offer all the normal movie stuff as well as mixed drinks, full course meals...etc. It was the nicest movie theater I've ever been to. Definitely VIP...

I am playing in a basketball tournament at the university today. I'm really excited because for once I may actually be one of the taller players. 6'2'' is pretty tall here. I'm not particularly skilled at this sport, but what I lack in talent I will make up for in enthusiasm and height. Wish me luck, I gotta go inflate the tongue on my Reebok's...

1 comment:

mavis_davis said...

LOVE the VIP. seriously....why don't we have those in the states?! well...because they'd be EXTREMELY expensive. whatev.