Saturday, April 09, 2005

I've gotten into the habit of constantly looking around for ministry opportunities. Many of you would say, "well that's a good thing." And it would be, except for that I am not realizing what actually is a ministry opportunity. Mission fields are not only those that involve helping people, serving the less fortunate, or traveling to another country to build houses. I am active in doing those, and when they are done, I ask when the next thing is that I can do. Every breath that I take, every word that I mutter should be my ministry. I should be a full-time missionary whether I live in Djibouti, Africa or Flower Mound, Texas, whether I am stocking shelves at CCA, or playing paper football in the lunch. Those other things should be awesome, exciting ways to serve my God, but not the only ones.
Everyone.....a minister, at all times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not to sound too high and mighty, and i also realize that we're not exactly comin from the same place (well...minus the place being flower mound) but i've found that trying too hard to be a certain way or do a certain something, regardless how important it is to you, can get in the way of accomplishing that very goal; SOMETIMES you just have to sit back and let life happen and not try too hard, be the way you are and trust that things will fall in to place. not necessarily sayin that that relates directly to what you're goin through, but just a thought.

i'll try not to be all serious very often ;), love ya man

Anonymous said...

P.S.

you're doin great as it is man, i didnt mean to sound too whatever

i'll shut up now, haha, look what happens when people let me ramble on

have a great week man