Thursday, October 11, 2007

I promise the days are going by too quickly. I really meant to blog on Tuesday, but the next thing I knew it was Thursday afternoon and I was leaving my last class for the week....it is the weekend again already. (At least for me because I don't have Friday classes) But this past weekend was unbelievable. For those of you who are not aware, my beautiful girlfriend Ashley and her friend Caitlin came down for a little visit to Mexico. They were unable to fly into Merida, so I met them in Cancun and we hopped a bus to Playa del Carmen for the weekend. Beautiful beaches, Mayan ruins, ridiculous condos...you couldn't ask for anything more. The first day we all just kinda hung out at the beach and met some of my friends from my program at their condo they were staying at. We're talking like a $2.5 million condo. Ridiculous! So beautiful, overlooking the beach with an infinity pool. Then Saturday, us three woke up bright and early and went to Tulum, a beautiful ancient Mayan city right on the beach (See pictures below). THE MOST beautiful beach I have ever seen in my life. I don't really want to continue this story because it gets sad...Ashley had to leave the next day. But I hope you enjoy the pictures below of our weekend.
Tomorrow I have my first SCUBA practice in a pool. Just a couple more weeks till I'll be scuba diving in the Caribbean. I know my posts recently have kinda just been about my weekends, but my weeks are very normal. I wake up and go to school, come home, do homework and start it all over again. Except for last night when I went to a place called Mambo cafe. It is a salsa club here in Merida with live Music. The band members are some of the most talented musicians that I've ever seen. They are all Cuban and play every instrument, sing, and dance very well. I didn't try, but there is no way that I could ever dance like that...Mom and Dad, when ya'll come to visit my host parents are going salsa dancing with us. Get excited. Anyways....pictures!



2 comments:

mavis_davis said...

p.s. i freaking hate you...

Adam Lauchner said...

I'll second the hating...Playa del Carmen looks gorgeous, meanwhile, I'm stuck in a 5ft x 5ft dull gray cube staring at a computer screen all day...I'm a TPS report away from stealing the fax machine and going gansta on it.