Monday, April 25, 2005

Now that prom is over, high school is coming to an end very quickly. As it ends I am realizing all of the great things that I will be leaving behind. Why are they coming to me so late in my high school career that I am almost out of time to enjoy them? Some things I have just taken for granted for four years. Others I am just now seeing...missed opportunities hurt.

Now it is almost bitter for me to tell you that I got my letter of acceptance into the Honors College today at Texas Tech. Now I will be learning with the smart people. I wonder how long it will take them to realize that I'm not one of them.

2 comments:

Deleted said...

why are you bitter? it seems more like an HONOR!
but it doesn't cement the fact in your mind that you're leaving high school, and growing up...
gosh...

Brent said...

Why, all of a sudden, do I feel like I have the lowest freakin' I.Q. in our senior guys' Bible study...and I LEAD it for cryin' out loud!